Friday 6 November 2015

Swallowtail Lace Shawl


It's finally finished! I've been working on this shawl for seven months and I'm so glad to be finished!  Not just because it looks lovely and feels incredibly snug but because my sanity can't take anymore dropped stiches, forgotten yarn overs and loopy nupps. If you are going to attempt this shawl, make sure you have heaps of perseverance.

Like many before me, I bought a set of kids foam play mats to block my knitting on as it is inexpensive and works as well as the more expensive kind.
 
The Knitpro lace blocking wire kit was purchased from Woolstack.co.uk. The shawl was hand washed and then laced onto the blocking wires which was a little tricky. Didn't take long to dry.  
 
 
Once blocked, the shawl becomes completely transformed.
 

The next challenge:  socks in the round!

-Miranda
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Posts.

Google+